Tuesday, October 23, 2007

[Kettering, UK] Uh Oh

So today I went to pick up some Yuan from the post office in Northampton. I get to the post office, and I'm enjoying my Oliver Adams cup of tea and Oliver Adams apple dough-nut whilst waiting for the foreign exchange clerk.

She arrives.

I ask her for the Yuan I have ordered.

She doesn't have any Yuan.

I am adamant that I stood in the very same spot and ordered £400 worth of Yuan.

She doesn't have any.

I panic...

...then I remember that actually, I'm not in the wrong spot, talking to the wrong person, or even on the wrong day...

...I'm asking for the wrong currency. HK$ were from the Post Office and I must pick up the Yuan from Thomas Cook in Kettering.

So I ask myself: How will I even begin to cope in China when I can't even cope in England?

No comments: